My No Ball Left Behind Policy

The Art Of Fore — Life Lessons From The Golfing Gods

No matter what type of ball I play with; the cost, age, state of it, I make sure I give it a good looking for when its possibly lost. This also includes on the practice ground when hundreds of balls have been hit. Every ball is deserving of me looking for it.

I do get that you can’t save every ball, but every ball is worth my time to search for. If my search is in vane, I still know nothing is ever lost forever. If I’m not the person to find it then someone else will. Let’s just hope it’s not a dog that finds it, chews it up and spits it out.

Sometimes while looking for a brand new ball you find an older one. One that stays with you for a long time. It’s almost like you can’t lose the old scruffy ball, you just work together and it fits.

This is the unloseable ball, if you’ve played golf, you’ll know what I mean. You’ll find it in the bottom of the bag and forget you still had it with you.

Make sure you have a “no ball left behind policy” like me. Every ball is worth your time, and if lost you never know when that ball will be found and make someone’s day. I’ve found a ball I’d lost months before once. It was right there waiting for me.

All balls get lost in the end though. That I’m afraid is the simple truth but for a brief moment we made magic together. You can’t play the game without the ball after all.

That’s about Golf right?